Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mr. Teeny Tiny


Here is my favorite part of the summer garden!! My friends. Here's one of many teensy weensy teeny tiny baby preying mantis!! Oh, they are so cute. If you don't already know, this guy will get to be as big as half my hand. Welcome little ones!This beautiful pom pom of a flower is, believe it or not, an onion! I don't eat onions. But I grow them for their beautiful blooms. Please click on the photos for a larger view, these little pictures don't do justice to the subject.

2 comments:

Country Cottage Chic said...

That is the tiniest I've ever seen!
Do you grow aliums too? I love the big purple heads on them.

Jayne

Kathy said...

Oh Gina...I LOVE praying mantis's!! This photo is great! I've never seen such a tiny one i my life!! LOVE THIS! Thanks for sharing it with us!