Monday, June 22, 2009

Country in Camarillo

I went to see my sister and her hubby perform in Camarillo the other day at Leisure Village. Her band is called Cari and the Black Rose Band http://carilumusic.com/Services.html and that night they were sharing the stage with the Rick Tucker Band. My guitar wielding sis was awesome and we love to hear her sing all our favorites. She was practically born on the stage and she certainly still looks comfy up there! And Jimmy, her guy for more than 30 years, is a master at the steel pedal guitar. Cari and Jimmy and Rick and his band all made beautiful music together and had the crowd hoppin'. And let me tell you .... those old folks at Leisure Village were kicking up their hills!! I mean the Texas two step, ten step all those dances that I don't know how to do,,, they were doing it in style all night long. And we were all amazed when my Dad walked in with us and was surprised by an old friend whom he hadn't seen in at least 30 years! He tried his best to get my little sister and I dancing (that's sister #2)and we just hope we didn't step on his toes! Fun night. Great music.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I love country music dances. Looks like you have some talented relatives!

Gina said...

Thanks Tammy, yes, Music runs through out our family in one form or another.

freebird said...

My son is learning all the country dancing down in San Diego. He's having lots of fun with it.

My sister lives in Camarillo. She started out there in a little neighborhood by Leisure village of attached homes. Glad you all had a good time.