Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friday Friends

Time again for photos of my garden friends. These are my preying mantis. If there can be such a thing as a sweet bug, this is it. This one is guarding my roses, thank you. I love this shot, the fading tunnel effect which my camera knows how to do, not me.
I'm so fascinated with these guys. There are litterally hundreds born each spring but only a handful make it to adulthood. They start out so teeny tiny and here it is September and this one is about 5 inches long and still growing. Occasionally they leave me butterfly wings for my artwork. Nice.
Look at my sweet, honey-dog Tucker. I just love him. He's 6 now. I think sometimes we stop taking photos of our dogs after puppy hood. I definitely have tons of puppy pictures but I don't want to forget my loving dog in his adulthood. Definitely my bestest friend.

1 comment:

Lorna said...

Awww, Tucker looks sooo sweet! I love, love doggies. I have 3 rescue dogs, sammy, a flat-coated retreiver, Josie, a border collie and Clark a Doberman who was hit in the side of his head with a shovel by his original owner leaving him blind in one eye and deaf in one ear, but he is so sweet too. My Mom loved praying mantisessss..what's the plural, manti??? LOL..anyway, she used to always bring one in during the summer to live on our kitchen curtains. It would eat whatever flies got in and she would also feed it raw hamburger. After a few weeks, she'd let it go and find another so they could still do their summer thing. Lorna